1. Since most women do not know themselves they should try to do so.
2. A woman who buys an expensive dress and changes it, often with disastrous results, is extravagant and foolish.
3. Most women (and men) are colour-blind. They should ask for suggestions.
4. Remember- twenty per cent of women have inferiority complexes. Seventy per cent have illusions.
5. Ninety per cent are afraid of being conspicuous and of what people will say. So they buy a grey suit. They should dare to be different.
6. Women should listen and ask for competent criticism and advice.
7. They should choose their clothes alone or in the company of a man.
8. They should never shop with another woman, who sometimes consciously and often unconsciously is apt to be jealous.
9. They should buy little, and only of the best or the cheapest.
10. Never fit the dress to the body, but train the body to fit the dress.
11. A women should buy mostly in one place where she is known and respected, and not rush around trying every new fad.
12. And she should pay her bills.